It’s natural that you might have a range of questions on worktops – our experienced team has the expertise and knowledge to help you out with almost any query regarding natural stone and worktops. Here are some of our most frequently asked questions but if you can’t find the answers you are looking for, please don’t hesitate to contact us for more information.
How long will it take for me to get my worktop?
- We work in stages and aim to get you your stunning new worktop as soon as possible. We can generally get an estimate to you within 48 hours of seeing your kitchen plan or a sketch with dimensions. Once you have ordered and paid your deposit you can book a template date where we will come to you and take measurements and establish further requirements. Installation can usually take place between 7 and 10 days after your template date.
Can I see a sample?
- We have a showroom based close to Arundel in West Sussex where you can come in to see a selection of our products. A member of the team would be happy to show you around and answer any questions you might have.
Can you cut out sink or hob spaces?
- Yes. As a part of our service, we measure up for anything that needs to be cut out and then complete the work before installation.
Do you cover my area?
- At Chandler Stoneworks we focus on the South East, working throughout West Sussex, East Sussex, Kent, Hampshire, Berkshire, Surrey, Dorset and London. We can also work further afield, so if you’re interested in having us come to you, please get in contact to discuss the project.
What is the best material for a kitchen worktop?
- Durable natural stone materials like granite have a fantastic reputation and are commonly found in stylish and luxurious kitchens across the world. Quartz composite, such as Silestone, is a non-porous material and so extremely low maintenance and durable in the kitchen environment. These materials each have their benefits and advantages, for example granite is available in a beautiful range of colours and can fit with any kitchen style.
Is there any difference between marble, limestone and granite?
- While all three are natural stone, they are very different materials. Granite is less porous which accounts for its popularity as a worktop surface. Limestone can be more easily manipulated into different shapes. Marble stays famously cool and so is fantastic for working with pastry.
Can granite worktops crack or chip?
- When you use high quality materials and experienced fitters, granite worktops should never crack under normal circumstances. Like any surface, granite worktops can chip if they are hit with enough force, however, they are far more durable than most countertop materials.
What sizes of worktop are available?
- At Chandler Stoneworks, all of our products are bespoke and custom-made to your requirements. We create a beautiful natural stone worktop that fits perfectly into your kitchen.
Can you plumb in facilities too?
- Chandler Stoneworks is not insured to undertake any plumbing, electrical or gas works – we simply deal with the creation and installation of your stone worktop.