Quartz Composite worktops are one of the most popular worktop choices for both modern and traditional kitchen designs. Known for their durability and man-made beauty, our quartz composite kitchen worktop ranges are attractive in their design and elegant in appearance – and they’re one of the most practical kitchen improvement choices you can make.
What Is Quartz Composite?
Quartz composite, also known as Quartz is a man-made material, composed mostly of natural quartz, one of the hardest minerals in nature. Unlike natural granite worktops or marble worktops, these engineered stone surfaces are made from a combination of quartz and a small proportion of acrylic resin or similar.
Colour can be added to the mixture along with elements such as glass or mirrored chips to produce a speckled appearance. These specially developed quartz-based surface materials are known for their sophisticated appearance, strength and durability and come in a variety of shades and finishes.
Why Choose A Quartz Composite Worktop?
Quartz-based compound stone has a wealth of attractive qualities that make this choice of worktop perfect for bespoke kitchen environments.
- Quartz worktops are highly resistant to staining, and scratching and are non-porous, Quartz can withhold heat up to 120 degrees centigrade and due to the resin element, we would always recommend a trivet when removing pans from the oven.
- Our engineered quartz worktops come in an array of colour choices, tones, textures and finishes
- Its high durability makes quartz composite the perfect choice for high-traffic areas such as kitchens and bathrooms
- Easy-care properties make engineered stone worktops one of the most desirable materials for kitchen worktops
- Quartz Is a low-maintenance option for your kitchen surfaces, Unlike natural granite worktops or marble worktops they do not require yearly sealing.
Caring for your quartz composite worktop
Quartz composite kitchen worktops are a low-maintenance choice for your home.
Your daily cleaning routine involves no more than a wipe over of the worktop with warm water and a few drops of gentle antibacterial detergent with a soft cloth. Rinse the surface thoroughly before drying with a soft cloth. For best results, keep the surfaces clean and tidy throughout the day, wiping spillages as they arise.
Heavy-duty cleaning with a tougher degreaser may be needed to remove dirt, grease and grime that has been allowed to build up over time.
Which brands are available?
At Chandler Stoneworks, we offer a variety of low-maintenance, non-porous, stain-resistant premium quartz composite surfaces from many of the best-known brands including
- Nile Stone
- Global Stone
- Brachot Hermant
- Bloom Stone
For example our quartz composite worktops and more information on individual brands stocked by Chandler Stoneworks, please see below.
Please see the individual ranges below for inspiration, do not hesitate to contact us for an estimate or if you require more information.