Should you invest in a marble fireplace?
Marble is one of the most luxurious materials and it has been famous for its use in art and architecture since antiquity. During Victorian times, marble was a signifier of great taste and wealth in home interiors, and there are many stately homes where traditional marble fireplaces can still be admired in all their glory today. If you would like to add elegance, opulence and style to your home, a marble fireplace could be the perfect way to do it.
Whether you may be thinking of upgrading your existing fireplace or installing a new real fire, gas or electric fire, Chandler Stoneworks can help you create a stunning focal point in your home, surrounded with the beauty of natural stone.
What makes marble so special?
There’s no denying that marble is a wonderful natural stone that offers flexible and stylish solutions for any type of home. A marble fireplace is a bold design statement that can work well in period properties as well as modern homes. That said, they do tend to be larger than other types of fireplace, so allow plenty of space to accommodate a decorative marble surround and hearth.
The dense, hard metamorphic rock carves beautifully and is heat resistant, making it the perfect choice for fireplace surrounds and back panels. Choose from a vast array of colours and patterns including dark brown Spanish Marron Imperial, sea green Verde K and white Arabescato, a wonderful alternative to the popular Carrera marble. Many stones feature contrasting mineral veining that sets marble apart from any other natural stone.
How we can help
At Chandler Stoneworks, we have a wealth of luxury marble choices available and can advise on the best type of natural stone for your fireplace. We can supply made-to-measure hearths and back panels to suit any fireplace design. Every product is tailor-made to your specifications and expertly supplied and fitted, with a 7 to 10-day turnaround service.
We are members of the Guild of Master Craftsmen and have over 10 years of experience dealing with both retail and trade customers in southern England including Sussex, Surrey, Kent, Hampshire, Dorset and Berkshire as well as the Greater London area.
Contact us for a range of superb marble fireplaces for you to consider, along with expert advice to guide you through the journey – from selecting the right size and style through to the finished installation. Why not get in touch today for a free, no-obligation estimate?
How to look after your marble fireplace?
Once you’ve chosen and installed your marble fireplace, it’s important to know how to keep it looking beautiful for many years to come. Marble may be a hardwearing material, but it is also a naturally porous stone which could make it vulnerable to spills and stains. If you have children or pets, or there is a lot of foot traffic near the fireplace, this could be a concern.
Fortunately, it is not difficult to look after a marble fireplace, as long as you adhere to a few important rules:
- Prevent stains from settling on the natural stone by wiping up any spillages immediately. The longer you leave them, the harder they will be to remove.
- Only ever use a soft, clean cloth to remove dust and dirt from a marble surface and avoid the risk of accidentally scratching the stone.
- Distilled water is better than regular tap water for gentle stain removal. Normal tap water contains impurities that could make the stain worse.
- If water alone is not sufficient to remove the stain, specialist marble cleaning products are available.
- Never use detergents containing baking soda, white vinegar or limescale removers; these are too abrasive and can damage the marble surface.
- Best cleaning results are achieved with warm (not cold or hot) water and a soft, damp (not wet) microfibre cloth.
- Once the surface is clean, dry the area carefully with a clean, dry microfibre cloth to avoid any risk of spotting.
- To restore the shine of your marble fireplace, you can use a specialist marble wax, but make sure you test on an inconspicuous area first.
Get in touch
Installing an elegant marble fireplace is an important decision that can transform the look and feel of your home. If you would like to add a touch of sophistication with a timeless luxury feature marble fireplace that will heat your home in style and impress your guests, Chandler Stoneworks should be your first port of call. Contact our friendly team today to book your personal appointment at our Arundel showroom.